Meeting up with your date the first time can be a bit intimidating. You want to be confident that you are meeting in a public place that allows you to get to know the person without you feeling nervous about the setting.
1. A Restaurant: This is the most popular and obvious choice of where to meet your date for the first time. The reason that this works so well is that it’s a very public place with many other people around to make you feel secure. It is also where you can share a casual meal and have some time to talk. If it doesn’t go well then it’s just a meal. If it does go well you can sit there for hours. Try for something like a nice lunch date or even weekend brunch for the first date as it gives for an excellent meal and yet isn’t taking up a whole evening if you are nervous about it. Try to find a restaurant that is lively but not so loud that you can’t hear each other talk. Pick one that offers cuisine that you both like to make it an enjoyable first meal together.
2. The Movies: This is a popular spot too but the only problem is that you don’t have much of an opportunity to talk. If you want to meet up and see something together without it interfering too much or having the pressure of talking for hours, this can work really well. You can meet up a bit earlier than the showtime to chat and if thing seem to be going well, then you can always go out for a meal afterwards. There are many movie theaters these days who even have a bar or restaurant in them so you can turn it into a whole experience if you can find that around you.
3. A Park: This is great when the weather cooperates. Sitting on a park bench or even having a picnic can be a great way to see if you two connect. You can chat it up and enjoy the scenery around you. The only time that this doesn’t work is if the weather doesn’t cooperate, but usually you can work something out. Find a park that has plenty of people and a big public area so that you feel safe. This can get you some fresh air and allow you two to chat and connect while you people watch and enjoy a bit of nature.
4. A Coffeehouse: This is another popular choice so long as you both enjoy coffee or other beverages. There are plenty of coffeehouses around town and as they tend to make very public places, this works well. You can enjoy a coffee together in what is always a very relaxing environment. You two can talk in a public environment that is somehow more laid back than some restaurants. This type of environment almost always elicits conversations so it’s a great first date spot.
5. The Mall: This can be a fun spot to meet up and see how things go. There are plenty of spots within a mall to meet and either sit for a chat or do a little strolling or shopping. There are restaurants, movie theaters, and even activities at some malls if things go well. If nothing else, you can sit on a bench and enjoy a coffee or just a nice chat. If things progress you can go enjoy a meal together or just enjoy an extra long talk in a very public setting.
No matter how well you think you know the person, it’s always best to be cautious. You want to meet in a public spot that allows you to have great conversation while also keeping you safe and sound.
Mary Frederick reviews profile tips for seniors who want to join free senior dating sites.