The Preppy Look is a look which has seen many incarnations and has managed to remain with us for a number of generations; it morphs and changes with the fashions of the day but it’s always there…a cool, moneyed look which screams style and one which teens and twenty-somethings the world over try to pull off. Here are some of the best items of Preppy clothing and how to wear them for the ultimate in Preppy style!
- Franklin & Marshall Blue Plaid Varsity Teddy Leather Jacket: This has to be the ultimate in Preppy-wear. This classic among classics is a must have and will pull together your look to perfection. Wear it with a polo shirt or a t shirt and jeans for a smart/casual style or team it with trackpants for the really relaxed look favoured by Preppy kids when they’re chilling out.
- Franklin & Marshall Diamond Blue Zip through Hoodie: This must-have hoodie is a basic for pulling together your most relaxed Preppie look. This cool, clean cut blue hoodie goes with just about anything and your most basic jeans and t shirt will be given an injection of style with this basic.
- Franklin & Marshall Red Wine Sweatshirt: Super cool wine coloured sweatshirt hoodie with the Franklin & Marshall brand printed across the front. Team this with trackpants or jeans for a super casual finish to your outfit.
- Franklin & Marshall Tobacco Beanie: No matter what outfit you add this classic to, it’s a winner. Also available in Bordeaux and Moss Green it’s at home on the track as well as out and about. A mix of acrylic and super soft lamb’s wool it’s warm, comfortable and super stylish too. Mix it up by wearing it with your smarter more formal Preppy gear and it’ll add that off kilter twist which so much of the Preppy look is all about.
- Franklin & Marshall Grey Melange Long Sleeved Polo Shirt: This is the one item that you really need to pull off the Preppy Look successfully. The mixture of smart and casual which is so much a part of the Preppy Look is caught well in this comfortable collared top. Fantastic with jeans or chinos, it manages to look cool and comfortable all at the same time.
The Preppy Look is one which has appeared on some of film and television’s best loved characters over the years and some great inspiration can be found by watching some of the movies and TV shows from the 80s which feature some of the coolest Preppy kids ever…The Breakfast Club and St Elmo’s Fire have great examples of how to get the Preppy Look down and once you manage to pull this look off you’ll never look back….it’s not only cool but it’s also comfy!
Franklin & Marshal have just about all you need to get this look down and with the high quality materials and great quality cut of this gear you’ll attract attention for all the right reasons.